List of Wikipedia people
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Evan Amos, a New York City-based professional photographer known for his numerous stock images of video game consoles, which are frequently used in Wikipedia articles
- Amin Azzam, an American psychiatrist and clinical professor at the UCSF School of Medicine known for teaching a class to medical students which consists entirely of editing Wikipedia articles
- Hampton Catlin
- William Connolley, a climate modeller who edits Wikipedia using his real name
- Danese Cooper
- Lee Daniel Crocker
- Florence Devouard, a French Wikipedian and former Chair of the Board of Trustees of the Wikimedia Foundation
- Dmitry Erokhin
- Siân Evans
- Faizul Latif Chowdhury, Bangladeshi economist & writer who uses his real name to edit wikipedia. He mostly contribute on bnwiki.
- Uładzimir Katkoŭski
- Rauan Kenzhekhanuly
- Bassel Khartabil
- Justin Knapp, an American Wikipedian known for being the first person to make 1 million edits to Wikipedia, a milestone he passed in 2012
- Ihor Kostenko
- Jacqueline Mabey
- Katherine Maher, executive director of the Wikimedia Foundation
- Michael Mandiberg
- Magnus Manske
- Rémi Mathis
- Erik Möller
- Larry Sanger, co-founder of Wikipedia
- Tony Santiago, On November 20, 2007, the 23th Senate of Puerto Rico recognized this Wikipedian for being, "one of the main contributors of content related to Puerto Rico in the open online encyclopedia known as Wikipedia."
- David Shankbone
- Jan Sokol, Czech philosopher, university professor and promoter of WMCZ project Senior Citizens Write Wikipedia
- Rosie Stephenson-Goodknight
- Aaron Swartz
- Jess Wade
- Adrianne Wadewitz (1977–2014), an American Wikipedian and scholar of 18th-century British literature
- Jimmy Wales, co-founder of Wikipedia
- Maia Weinstock
- Lien, Tracey (2013-10-31). "Preserving video game history one photo at a time". Polygon. Retrieved 2018-01-06.
- Feltman, Rachel (2014-01-28). "America's future doctors are starting their careers by saving Wikipedia". Quartz. Retrieved 2018-01-06.
- Morris, Kevin (2013-04-25). "The greatest movie that never was". The Daily Dot. Retrieved 2018-01-24.
- Dan O'Sullivan (2016), Wikipedia: A New Community of Practice?, Routledge, p. 88, ISBN 9781134766246
- "Board of Trustees". Wikimedia Foundation. 2012-02-15. Retrieved 2018-02-26.
- Chris Wilson (15 Jan 2016), "Why Wikipedia Is in Trouble", TIME
- "Justin Knapp Makes History On Wikipedia". NPR. 2012-04-20. Retrieved 2018-01-06.
- Hannah Kuchler (8 December 2017), "Wikimedia director wants more women in online encyclopedia", Financial Times
- Cohen, Noam (2014-04-19). "Adrianne Wadewitz, 37, Wikipedia Editor, Dies in Rock Climbing Fall". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2018-01-06.
- Kiss, Jemima (2010-11-09). "Jimmy Wales makes Wikia stickier with a social revamp". The Guardian. Retrieved 2018-01-06.